CLARATYNE 10mg 10tabs
Claratyne is a second generation anti-histamine which (unlike the first generation anti-histamines) does not croos the blood barrier, and so it has very few side effects and no practical drug interactions.
Claratyne is used to reduce symptoms of allergic reactions by blocking the action of histamine, which the body produces due to allergic reaction. Claratyne helps to prevent or stop symptoms of hayfever (allergic rhinitis) such as sneezing, runny or streaming nose, itching or hot eyes. It will also help with symptoms of hives, which are itching and red skin, often with little lumps. It is also useful for stopping the itch caused by insect bites, and sealice.
- Do not take this medication if you have had bad reactions to Claratyne, or any brand of Loratadine or desloratadine.
- If you are pregnant or breast feeding, talk to your Doctor or pharmacist prior to taking this medication.
- Do not give this medication to children under the age of 2 years, unless instructed to by your Doctor.
- This medicine should not affect your ability to drive, but be careful until you are sure you are not affected by it.
- Do not take this medication without discussing with your Doctor first if you have severe liver disease.
- Adults and children over 12 years of age, and children under 12 years of age but over 30kg - ONE tablet once daily.
- Children under the age of 12 years of age but over the age of 2 years of age and under 30kg - HALF a tablet once daily.
We Also Recommend