DURO-TUSS Chesty Forte 200ml
Customer Declaration: I agree to use strictly as directed and if symptoms persist or if I suffer any adverse effects, I will contact my Doctor or Pharmacist. This is a "Pharmacy Medicine". By ordering this product I acknowledge that I have read and understand the information regarding the product.
Duro-Tuss Chesty Cough Liquid Forte is a cough mixture used to relieve stubborn and irritating productive coughs (i.e. a cough that raises mucous/sputum from the respiratory tract) associated with bronchitis and other respiratory tract infections.
Duro-Tuss Chesty Cough Liquid Forte contains the active ingredients bromhexine and guaifenesin.
Bromhexine and guaifenesin work to break down thick mucous/sputum in the respiratory tract associated with respiratory infections, such that it becomes less viscuous and can be easily coughed up.
- Not recommended in children under the age of 2 years except under medical advice.
- Safe to use during pregnancy (ADEC Pregnancy Category A). However, safety during breastfeeding has not been established. Do not use without medical advice.
- Tell your doctor if you have had any previous allergic reactions to medicines or preservatives before using.
- Tell your doctor if you are taking any regular medication or suffer from any chronic medical conditions before using.
- May be taken with or without food.
- For best results you need to take this medicine regularly three or four times daily. It is common not to notice any benefit for the first 24 hours, but then the mucus should become thin, the breathing easier, and the cough less frequent but more productive.
- When coughing, make sure you spit out any mucus you cough up, as if you swallow it, you are likely to upset your stomach.
Common side effects
Duro-Tuss Chesty Cough Liquid Forte is generally well tolerated. Consult your doctor if you experience or are concerned about any of the below side effects.
The following side effects may occur occasionally in those using Duro-Tuss Chesty Cough Liquid Forte:
- Nausea and vomiting
- Diarrhoea / laxative effect
- Stomach pain
- Indigestion or abdominal fullness
- Headache and dizziness
Uncommon side effects
Very rarely, Duro-Tuss Chesty Cough Liquid Forte may cause life threatening allergic reactions.
If you have had any allergic reactions to medicines in the past, it is important to check with your doctor that Duro-Tuss Chesty Cough Liquid Forte is suitable for you. If you experience difficulty breathing or develop swelling of the face, lips or tongue following use of Duro-Tuss Chesty Cough Liquid Forte, seek emergency medical attention.
- MIMS Online. [Monograph online] MIMS Australia Pty Ltd 2003. [Cited January 16, 2008] http://www.mims.com.au
- Australian Medicines Handbook 2007, Adelaide, Pharmaceutical Society of Australia, 2007.
We Also Recommend