DURO-TUSS Dry Forte Sol. 200ml
Customer Declaration: I agree to use strictly as directed and if symptoms persist or if I suffer any adverse effects, I will contact my Doctor or Pharmacist. This is a "Pharmacy Medicine". By ordering this product I acknowledge that I have read and understand the information regarding the product.
Generic Name: Pholcodine
Product Name: Duro-Tuss Dry Cough Liquid Forte
Duro-Tuss Dry Cough Liquid Forte is a medicine used to relieve stubborn and irritating unproductive (dry) coughs associated with upper respiratory tract infections, such as the common cold and influenza.
Duro-Tuss Dry Cough Liquid Forte contains the active ingredient pholcodine.
Pholcodine is a cough suppressant that works in the part of the nervous system involved in controlling the cough reflex. The cough reflex is designed to protect the body by clearing foreign material and excess mucous. However, sometimes the cough reflex does not serve any useful purpose, and causes irritation and sleep deprivation in the patient. Pholcodine helps to reduce the intensity and frequency of the cough reflex.
- Avoid using Duro-Tuss Dry Cough Liquid Forte in productive ‘chesty’ coughs (i.e. a cough that raises mucous from the respiratory tract).
- Not recommended in children under the age of 2 years
- Safe to use during pregnancy (ADEC Category A). However, the safety of Duro-Tuss Dry Cough Liquid Forte during breastfeeding has not been established. Do not use without medical advice.
- Tell your doctor if you have had any previous allergic reactions to medicines or preservatives before using Duro-Tuss Dry Cough Liquid Forte
- Tell your doctor if you are taking any regular medication before using Duro-Tuss Dry Cough Liquid Forte
- May enhance the effects of alcohol – do not drive or operate machinery if affected.
- May be taken with food or without food
Duro-Tuss Dry Cough Liquid Forte is generally well tolerated.
The following side effects may occur in 1% or more of those using Duro-Tuss Dry Cough Liquid Forte:
- Nausea and vomiting
Consult your pharmacist or doctor if you experience any of the above symptoms, or any other unusual or abnormal symptoms that concern you.
Uncommon side effects
Very rarely, Duro-Tuss Dry Cough Liquid Forte may cause life threatening allergic reactions. If you have had any allergic reactions to medicines in the past, it is important to check with your doctor that Duro-Tuss Dry Cough Liquid Forte is suitable for you. If you experience difficulty breathing or develop swelling of the face, lips or tongue following use of Duro-Tuss Dry Cough Liquid Forte, seek emergency medical attention.
- MIMS Online. [Monograph online] MIMS Australia Pty Ltd 2003. [Cited January 14, 2008] http://www.mims.com.au
- Australian Medicines Handbook 2007, Adelaide, Pharmaceutical Society of Australia, 2007.
- Lazo, J, Gilman A, Brunton L et al. Goodman & Gilman’s The Pharmacological Basis of Therapeutics. 11th ed. New York: McGraw-Hill; 2006.
We Also Recommend