Scopoderm TTS 2pk
Customer Declaration: I agree to use strictly as directed and if symptoms persist or if I suffer any adverse effects, I will contact my Doctor or Pharmacist. This is a "Pharmacy Medicine". By ordering this product I acknowledge that I have read and understand the information regarding the product.
What you need to know about Scopoderm TTS
Please read this carefully before you start to use your patches. This leaflet does not contain the complete information about your patches. If you have any questions or are not sure about anything ask your doctor or pharmacist.
Scopoderm TTS patches contain a substance called hyoscine. This belongs to the group of medicines called anti-emetics (anti-sickness medicines) which are used to prevent the symptoms of motion sickness.
Things to remember about Scopoderm TTS
- Make sure it is safe for you to use these patches (see the back of this leaflet).
- Instructions for using these patches are on the back of this leaflet. Please follow them carefully. You will need to put on a patch 5 or 6 hours before leaving on a journey.
- Always wash your hands after putting on or taking off a patch. When you take a patch off, wash the skin where it has been. These precautions are important because if you touch your eyes with hyoscine on your fingers you may get a temporary slight blurring of vision.
- These patches may cause unwanted effects in some people. You can find information about them on the back of this leaflet.
- You must not drive a car, pilot an aeroplane, work machinery or scuba dive whilst wearing these patches.
- Keep your patches in a cool place, out of reach of children. Do not refrigerate. When you take off a patch, throw it away carefully and out of reach of children as it will still contain some active medication. Scopoderm TTS is not suitable for children less than 10 years old.
This leaflet has been prepared for patients as part of our 'Partners in Healthcare' theme by:
Horsham, West Sussex, England. PL 0001/0099
MADE IN THE U.S.A.
Scopoderm TTS is a round, pink-coloured patch containing 1.5mg of hyoscine. It is used to prevent the symptoms of motion sickness.
Before using your patches
- Have you ever had glaucoma (increased pressure in the eye) or suffered from pain in the eyes, blurred vision or haloes around lights?
- Have you ever had an unusual or allergic reaction to hyoscine or other anti-sickness medicines?
If the answer to either of these questions is YES, DO NOT USE the patches without talking to your
- Do you suffer from any serious gastrointestinal, kidney, liver or bladder disease?
- Do you suffer from epilepsy?
- Are you taking any other medicines which your doctor does not know about?
- Are you pregnant or breast-feeding?
If the answer to any of these questions is YES, tell your doctor or pharmacist.
Using the patches
Provided that you have applied the patch properly, you can swim, bathe or shower with little risk of it coming off. However, it is best not to stay in the water too long.
If the patch accidentally comes off, throw it away and put a new patch behind the other ear.
While using the patches
These patches sometimes cause unwanted effects in some people. You may get a dry mouth but this is usually mild and wears off. Other effects which may occur are:
- Sleepiness, dizziness, confusion and hallucinations.
- Blurred vision.
- Redness or itching of the skin where a patch has been.
If any of these effects are severe, or if any other unexpected effects occur, take the patch off. Wash the area of skin where the patch has been and tell your doctor.
Rarely unwanted effects can last for 24 hours or longer after taking off the patch. Do not drive or work machinery until these effects wear off.
- Do not drink alcohol or take other anti-sickness medicines whilst using Scopoderm
- Remember: This medicine is for you. Only a doctor can prescribe it for you. Never give it to others. It may harm them even if they have the same symptoms as you.
This leaflet is produced in accordance with guidance issued by the Association of the British Pharmaceutical Industry. The information in it applies only to Scopoderm TTS.
We Also Recommend